Why This Blog???

Eye On Paychex is NOT attempting in any way to damage the business of Paychex. In fact, most customers I speak with have many good things to say about the company and its services.

The purpose of this blog is to shine a spotlight on "Employee Experience" of working for Paychex. 

You see, Paychex makes a LOT of noise about how they are ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. But the truth is not quite so rosy. 

I am convinced that many good people have accepted or are seeking employment with Paychex becasue they are certain that this is a "Great Place to Work". This is blatently untrue and is unfair to the current and future employees of the company.

So, through this blog, we will explore what it is REALLY like to work at Paychex. We will look at the good (the training is excellent) and the bad (absurd policies). 

All readers are encouraged to participate by posting, or, if you prefer, email your comments to me at eyeonpaychex@gmail.comand I will post them for you. 

ALL POSTINGS WILL BE ANONYMOUS!!! 

Monday, November 17, 2008

SCANDAL!!! Paychex Forces Employees to Sleep Together!!!

Paychex policy states that on all business trips of less than six consecutive nights, same gender employees must share a hotel room!!!

What cheap bastards!!! Can you imagine having to sleep with someone you do not know for a whole week???

And, it gets worse.

Paychex now offers "Domestic Partner" benefits. This means that Paychex readily admits that some of their employees are bi-sexual or gay. Nothing wrong with that, very progressive of them to offer such benefits.

But, that means that the "share a room" policy takes into account only "genetic gender" and not "sexual preference".

So, it is quite possible that, as an employee, you could be forced to sleep with someone of "like sexual preference".

Basically, there are no exceptions to the "policy".

"What if my roommate is homosexual or bi-sexual, can you help me"? No.

What if I have a medical condition that would make it uncomfortable for me or my roommate, can you help me"? No.

What if I refuse to suffer the humiliation of being forced to live and sleep with someone I do not know, what happens then"? You're fired.

Are you comfortable with this policy? Better take it into consideration BEFORE you decide to work at Paychex because they don't give a CRAP about your specific needs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The truth is, if you have personal medical concerns, get a note from your doctor, they will set you up in a single. Got snoring.. just get a signature.

Additionally, if you raise a bit of a concern over this, you can and will be appeased. I have seen it happen many times during the time I worked for Paychex.

android113 said...

Opposite gender too. I can confirm this for a fact for the
most recent oracle conference in California